I’m happy to announce the 15th release (discounting various patch releases) of the project, bringing it up to 1.15.0. This is the first release managed by Markus Staab, who took over the maintenance for the foreseeable future.
A lot of people (26!) helped out to get this new release out of the door by a whooping 100 commits.
Kudos to all of you guys, namely: Alok Saldanha, Brahim Arkni, Christopher Bauer, Daniel Orner, Denisson Padilha, dorner, Ehsan Abidi Ashtiani, Filip Mares, Jörn Zaefferer, Julio Spader, KJ, Lars Skjelbek, Lukasz Wozniak, Markus Staab, Martti Laine, Michal Moravec, netzkind, rasstislav, sadj, Salahuddin Hairai, Saldanha, silovski, Thomas Gohard, Wojciech Walek, Štefan Baebler.
This release would not have been possible without the help of Brahim Arkni. He supported Markus in triaging bugs, cleaning up the bugtracker, reproducing reported issues and also provided a lot of patches. Thank you! It is a pleasure to work with Arkni, we are looking forward to work with him on future releases.
The release itself brings a lot of small improvements and fixes a lot of old and outstanding bugs. The most important addition is a new normalizer callback which allows you to modify the values provided by the enduser, before validation takes place. For a full list of all the changes, check out the changelog below.
If you use the plugin, please donate or ask your boss to make a donation! This helps to run the plugin site and makes releases like this one possible.
- Please post questions to the official Using jQuery Plugins Forum, tagging your question with (at least) “validate”. Keep your question short and succinct and provide code; a testpage makes it much more likely that you get an useful answer in no time.
- Please post bug reports and other contributions (enhancements, features, e.g. new validation methods) to the GitHub issue tracker
The full changelog:
- Fixed code style issues
resetFormshould also remove
validclass from elements.
- Unhighlighting field if already highlighted when using remote rule.
- Bind the
blurevent just once in
- Fixed error when calling .rules() on empty jquery set.
- Fix handling of error messages with input groups.
- Fix TypeError in
- Adding a way to pass method name to remote
- Validation fails to trigger when next field is already filled out
- Required rule take precedence over number & digits rules
- Error hidden but input error class not removed
- Remote validation uses wrong error messages
- Fixed field highlighting with remote validation.
:filledselector for multiple select elements.
- Added doc reference to jQuery.validator.methods
- Move message processing from
- ErrorList should contain only the errors that it should
- Extract the file name without including “C:\fakepath\”
- HTML5 step attribute support. Fixes #1295
- Added support for “pending” class on outstanding requests
- Added normalizer (#1602)
- Split out
- Escape errorID for use in the regex, not to build aria-describedby
- Escape single quotes in names avoiding a Sizzle Error being thrown
- Instead of using validating field’s value to skip api call, use the serialized data object of the request
- Add support for contentEditable tags
- BIC: allow digits 1-9 in second place of location
- Accept method regex should be escaped properly.
- Case-insensitive check for BIC
- Correct postalCodeCA to exclude invalid combinations
- Make postalCodeCA method more lenient
- Added Macedonian localization.
- Added missing pattern message in Polish (adamwojtkiewicz)
- Fixed Persian translation of min/max message.
- Updated messages_sk.js
- Update Malay translation
- Included messages from additional methods
- Improving pt_BR translation and fixing a typo on the ‘cifES’ key.